This page has moved to a new address.

Tony Skinn blogs from Israel

George Mason Basketball: Tony Skinn blogs from Israel

gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com gomason.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tony Skinn blogs from Israel

Former Patriot Tony Skinn apparently has a blog at Pro Basketball Overseas where he talks about playing in Israel
"Last time I checked in I was in Germany dealing with a foot injury. I am thankful to report my foot is doing great now and I am back on the basketball court. I arrived in Ashkelon in September, on a tryout basis, and signed shortly after. Being brought in on a tryout basis wasn't necessarily the opportunity I was looking for, but with the NBA's lockout in full effect and having just come off of an injury I didn't think it was my place to be picky. I am here now and that's all that really matters. We are currently 6-3 and hope we take this team deep into the playoffs. Overall, the league is pretty competitive. Most people know of the league's powerhouses, Maccabi Tel-Avib and Hapoel Jerusalem, but my experiences and observations prove the entire league to be competitive and well balanced.
On another note, let's talk about where I live. I'm currently living in an apartment, walking distance from the beach. It's been a great feeling being able to wake up and look outside my window to see the waves. Most days here are warm and sunny so I do not have any complaints in that category. One of my biggest fears when getting onto a plane and coming to Israel, was whether I would feel safe here. Let's just say I feel safe and haven't felt like I'm in any danger. The food is good, the weather is beautiful, the people are nice and spirituality surrounds me; I'm loving it!
One thing I am definitely going to miss is spending time with my family and friends during the holidays. Until the next time, wishing you and yours a happy holiday season!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Patriot74 said...

Glad he's doing well. Thanks for the memories of 2006 Tony.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Brentrg said...

I know life gets busy and you never got a post up on our last win.  But I am curious what people think about Sherrod Wright so far this year.  I only saw highlights from the last game, so all I had was the box score.  Wright has just not lived up to the hype so far this year (okay... see the ENTIRE team for that!) but he has really disappeared.  Is his wrist still hurting him?  We all know he can blow by people to the rim, and he is one of the better 3 point shooters on the team.  His last few games I don't even think he's broken the 10 point mark.  He has been the most disappointing for me so far because he needs to step up and much like Cam Long in the past, has seemed to not wanna take the game over, or just sit back and watch other guys.  If Wright really started playing his game, I think this team could be really good.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Neeker20 said...

I was at the game last friday and Sherrod made a great dunk and 3 pointer that spurred the team to go on a run. Be patient the team is still sorting out its identity.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Mike O said...

Sounds like this experience has really opened up and broadened Tony's mind whether or not he ever makes it to the NBA. Traveling abroad, especially when you're young, is such a valuable experience. It really makes you a different, and I would argue, better person.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous couch coach said...

I think this team is living up to what i thought. Pearson and Morrison have given what they've always given. Coach L. was right when he sat the others, they weren't ready then and they aren't ready now to start, well at least for a top 30 team anyway. Write is a good player, he's not much more than that. 

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Matt said...

Agree.  Glad to see that he has been able to keep this overseas streak alive.  France, Germany, Isreal!  Go Tony!  I thought John Vaughs TV comments at the half of the broadcast for the Duquesne game.  Commenting "we'd have been on the bench if we had played defense like this!"

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter